Dubai’s strategic location makes it a hub for travelers from all over the world in search of business opportunities in the emirate; consequently the popularity of hotel apartments in Dubai has risen rapidly as more travelers realize the convenience of living in a self-serviced apartment as opposed to a hotel room. It was estimated that in 2013, 66 million visitors passed through Dubai International Airport; of these, 12 million actually visited the emirate and according to DTCM (Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing), there were only 87,000 serviced units to cater to these visitors. However, this number is expected to rise by almost double to accommodate the expected influx of 20 million tourists for the Expo 2020.
Serviced hotel apartments provide the ideal base to explore and discover the city. Fully furnished with all the modern amenities available in a home, these independent units come complete with high-quality hotel standard services. In contrast to a hotel room, which can feel stark and sometimes unwelcoming, hotel apartments are designed like a home with a lounge, dining area, kitchen and separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The idea behind these units is to provide the feel of a home away from home with the convenience and connectivity needed to fully explore the city.
With the plethora of serviced apartments available to visitors in Dubai, here are a few tips on what to look for when selecting a top quality hotel apartment.
- Location: One of the biggest disadvantages of hotel apartments used to be their out-of-the-way location. Most hotel apartments, unlike main stream hotels, were located away from the main city center, beaches and shopping malls. Hence, to see the city, visitors needed transport. This is not the case today. Hotel apartments are now strategically located close to metro stations, shopping centers and other tourist attractions to facilitate travel to and from the units. When selecting an apartment, make sure that it is appropriately located to suit your travel needs.
- Services: Many luxury serviced apartments now provide room service and maid services to make your stay more pleasant and hassle-free. If you are visiting Dubai on holiday or for business, these services can prove to be extremely beneficial in enabling tourists to spend more time on discovering the city and less time on keeping the apartment clean.
- Facilities: Most luxury hotel apartments will also provide facilities such as access to a gym, swimming pool or kid’s facilities, which can be especially beneficial to families travelling with children.
- Décor: Even though most travelers on a budget cannot afford the very high priced serviced units with branded décor, they can still find high quality apartments with spacious and well-maintained units. Rooms should be clean, well equipped and spacious.
- Deals: Many furnished apartment units offer good deals, especially during the hot summers and for early booking so planning in advance can help to save big bucks.
Below is a list of the top 9 hotel apartments in Dubai (in no particular order).
Nuran Marina Serviced Apartments
The Nuran Marina Serviced apartments offer 90 fully serviced apartments from studio to 3 bedroom apartments ranging from 50m2 to 150m2, with stunning views of the Dubai Marina. Apartments are beautifully appointed with the most modern appliances and amenities including a lounge area, fully equipped kitchen as well as separate washer/dryer area and ironing facilities. Business and leisure travelers can avail of the latest in technology with complimentary high-speed internet and in-house entertainment systems including satellite TV, DVD and CD player. Guests can also take advantage of their leisure and recreation facilities including an outdoor swimming pool, a spacious health club, Jacuzzi, steam room and gym. There are a variety of dining options on the waterfront right outside the apartments.
The H-Hotel Apartments
For the ultimate in luxury, the 33 storey H-Hotel tower offers 236 elegantly furnished apartments with a hint of Arabic influence. Overlooking the Sheikh Zayed Road as well as the Arabian Gulf, in room facilities include a flat screen TV, DVD and CD players including a flat screen TV in the bathroom, a mini bar and a touch screen telephone system. Hotel services including outstanding hospitality including a limo-service, private dining and all the modern comforts imaginable. Guests can also avail the hotel’s luxury spa services available at the Mandara Spa or use the services of the Quantum Health Club.
Located in the 45 storey Sidra tower on Dubai’s busiest thoroughfare, Sheikh Zayed Road, the Fraser serviced apartments are perfectly located for both business as well as leisure travelers. It is just a few minutes from Dubai Media City, Internet City and Knowledge Village as well as being a short distance from the Mall of the Emirates, the public beach as well as Dubai Marina and the Palm Jumeirah. Guests can hop onto the nearby Sharaf DG Metro station or avail of the complimentary Dubai shuttle bus to enjoy all the city has to offer.
Shoreline Hotel Apartments
Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, the Palm Jumeirah Shoreline Residences offer reasonably priced self-serviced apartments at an unparalleled location. Apartments are furnished in a contemporary style with modern décor and amenities including free internet, satellite TV and DVD player. Guests can opt to cook in their own apartments or can enjoy the poolside restaurant surrounded by palm trees. Access to the swimming pool, beach club gym and massage services are at an added cost.
Grosvenor House Apartments
Located in the instantly recognizable 45 storey Towers One and Two, these stylish apartments and apartment suites provide the ultimate in luxury and service, overlooking the glamorous Dubai Marina. All apartments include a host of services including a housekeeping service at a nominal charge. The hotel offers guests access to its many facilities including fully equipped meeting and banqueting rooms, health and spa services and unlimited access to its sister hotel Le Royale Meridien Beach Resort and Spa.
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences
Located on ‘the Walk’, Dubai’s bustling promenade in the heart of Jumeirah Beach, the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Residences offer guests a variety of accommodation options including studios, duplex lofts and two, three and four bedroom apartments. The hotel is located minutes away from the city’s major corporate hubs with access to a variety of restaurants and cafes located a stone’s throw away on the promenade.
Residences at the Address
For unmatched elegance and luxury, the Address hotel offers guests 442 beautifully furnished serviced apartments including sleek studios, penthouse suites and 1,2 and 3 bedroom designer residences at three locations in Downtown Dubai, The Dubai Mall and Dubai Marina. Each of these is located in a prime location close to some of Dubai’s premiere entertainment hotspots, making them highly sought after for those with liberal budgets.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences, The Palm Jumeirah
The Kempinski Palm serviced apartments offer luxury apartments and villas for long term or short term stay, with spacious balconies and terraces offering breathtaking views of the lagoon and the Dubai skyline.
Marina View Hotel Apartments
Offering sophisticated serviced apartments, the Marina View apartments are a landmark of luxury and perfection, located in the popular Dubai Marina area. The spacious apartments offer every convenience expected of a luxury hotel, with a host of services offered by the hotel.