Finding moving companies in Dubai is fairly easy as there are hundreds of companies to choose from. With the transient nature of life in Dubai, there are always individuals and families coming to the city for short or extended periods of stay, primarily for work and business. Statistics show that residents of Dubai move at least once every five years and sometimes more often. Thus, movers in Dubai have quickly realized the importance of this service and there is no shortage of available companies.
Moving is not as straightforward as one might think; there are so many minor details to think of that moving house can be quite stressful and disruptive to your daily routine. Experienced and reputable moving companies can take the pressure of planning out the move; they are experienced enough to complete all the formalities with minimum disruption to normal life. Most companies will provise a full range of services including packing services, transportation, heavy duty equipment for specialized moves and unpacking and arranging at the new location. Many modern transport companies now have state-of-the-art computerized systems to track the movement and progress of all deliveries, making the process even easier and more reassuring for clients.
Things to consider when selecting a relocation company
A few things to look for when selecting a relocation company in Dubai are:
- A representative from the company should visit your house or office, free of cost, once or more often if needed, to do a visual survey of the property. This is essential to assure an accurate quote and also so that the client and company representative can establish a good relationship.
- Essential for a smooth move is the quality of packing materials used. A good company will use new, heavy duty boxes and packing materials that are specifically geared towards the equipment to be packed. Computers and electronic equipment will require different packing components than fragile household goods. Large, odd shaped items also require special boxes and heavy-duty tape that is designed to handle the weight and bulk of the item.
- Select a company that has sufficient experience in your type of move. Some companies specialize in transport of commercial premises whilst others have more experience in packing and moving of households. If you are looking to move homes, select a company that has a significant number of years of experience in moving household items.
- Make sure that the packing company provides comprehensive insurance for the move. This transfers the onus of liability for lost or damaged goods to the company and ensures that they will take extra care in packing and unpacking of your items. Although not a fixed rule, in general, relocation companies that are certified are bound by certain standards of quality and although more expensive, are often also more reliable. Some established companies in Dubai will have ISO certification, which is an internationally recognized quality management system that holds its members to strict standards of quality and best practices.
- Ensure that relocation firms have different pricing options available for different moves. A small job might be more economical for the owner if the move is charged on an hourly basis, whilst a big move should be on contract basis.
- Before you make your selection look at the company’s website for testimonials or ask for references that you can call and talk to yourself. It is always best to go with a recommendation from a friend or family member who has previously used these services.
Where to find movers in Dubai
Forums are a great place to begin your search for moving companies. They can also be used to get recommendations and advice from members who have already gone through the process; the expatwoman forum has a dedicated Relocation and Removals Section and many recommendations on tried and tested movers.
There are also several online portals that allow quote comparisons from various moving companies. Amongst the most popular are MoveSouq and moversemiratesadz, which are great starting points in your search. MoveSouq has been designed to connect expats with reputable movers in four easy steps. They are also working on incorporating some handy moving tools such as the Volume Calculator and the Cost Calculator that clients can use to help estimate initial costs for the move. All you have to do to initiate the process is to fill out a form. Moversemiratesadz is similar and also requires potential clients to fill out an online form.